Saturday 21 May 2011

R1 Clutch slipping again

My Yamaha R1's clutch is slipping again. I had this before, and even after adjusting the hand levers or the lever by the gearbox, I couldn't get the clutch from slipping, I then decided to replace the clutch with a Barnes Racing Clutch for the R1.

That solved it for a while, but you know, not necessarily because of the new clutch, more so because of the new oil. I'm saying this because when I had all the clutch plates in my hand, there was visually plenty of friction material left.

About 6 months later the clutch is slipping again. I didn't take a good look at the oil again, but its weird since I changed the oil like only 3 months ago.

The clutch slips at hard acceleration around 6,500rpm. I have to let go of the throttle for a second and back full throttle.

I'll keep you posted if I figure anything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment