Tuesday 31 May 2011

Have to buy a new chain and sprocket set for the R1

There were some rainy days, and I always neglected my chain. Results are after rain, the chain gets rusty and of course, as you use the bike, it abrades and before you know it, your chain gets longer and longer...

I adjusted my rear wheel already to the maximum end, and still, my chain is now sliding over the rear wheel swing arm (ouch!) High time to buy that chain. I don't have to buy a chain/sprocket kit, but I might just as well do this when the old chain is off and while I undertake this job.

Changing the chain will give me the possibility to choose a lighter chain, and play with the gear ratios buy maybe choosing a teeth less on the front and 2 more on the back sprocket. I am riding on a Caribbean island, hitting the max speed here is not possible. I need max torque. I want to beat the juiced gixxers and hayabusas :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment